Entrepreneur, Writer, Speaker, Creative Scientist
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for booking inquiries
Mallie Rydzik is a tornado scientist turned serial online entrepreneur, writer, speaker, and creative. She manages various income streams and creative projects while supporting entrepreneurs in designing unconventional businesses that support their lifestyles. You can often find her reading Reddit with her cats and complaining to her husband that they’re not kayaking or traveling frequently enough.
Mallie Rydzik, M.S., is a tornado scientist turned serial online entrepreneur, consultant, speaker, and writer. She left academia in 2012 after diagnoses of OCD, chronic depression, and binge eating disorder led her to rediscover life and work. Now, after starting and running various internet businesses, she uses her gifts of teaching and coaching to turn creative entrepreneurs into creative CEOs.
In January of 2013, Mallie was fresh out of graduate school and working on the project management team of a small government contractor. In an effort to find more meaningful work, she began exploring freelance science writing and editing. She grew her business, taking on clients like USA Today and SRA International, by highlighting her unique background and voice–her personal brand. By July, she had left her corporate position to pursue entrepreneurship wholeheartedly.
From there, she began exploring other online business opportunities, including e-commerce, dropshipping, digital marketing, systems consulting, strategy, and operations. Mallie began taking on more clients who wanted help establishing their own businesses, and she noticed a gap in the market she served. She committed herself to helping entrepreneurs think and act bigger, taking her clients from the hustle of #entrepreneurlife to a more strategic, sustainable, CEO-level approach to their business.
Mallie’s personal mission is to change the way the world works by encouraging creative, unconventional entrepreneurship worldwide. Mallie has been published or featured in new and traditional media, including USA Today, Entrepreneurs’ Organization, Hack the Entrepreneur, and Brazen Careerist. She can be reached directly for inquiries at email@example.com.
Great job! Very informative! A unique perspective and innovative model for business success.Lorigiana Meneide
Inspiring and motivating! I had the pleasure of co-hosting the You’ve Got This Online Summit and Mallie was one of our speakers. We left the Summit inspired and ready to challenge ourselves to do greater things which Mallie contributed to significantly. Her knowledge, experience and curiosity for life is clearly demonstrated by her presentation. I will attend Mallie’s speaking engagements every chance I get!Nora Whalen
The Creative CEO Revolution:
How Creatives Are Thriving In A Post-Recession Economy
In her signature talk, Mallie recaps the big-picture forces that have driven the sharp increase in freelance workers since the Great Recession, then shows how the next revolution is taking place: one in which freelancers are building out scaled, bootstrapped creative companies.
Learn about the challenges and benefits of creative entrepreneurs becoming Creative CEOs, including a breakdown of Mallie’s signature Creative CEO Framework for small business owners looking to step into a bigger role in their own companies:
This program can be presented as a 15-minute Ted-style talk, a 1-hour keynote, or an interactive half- or full-day workshop.
Interviews and Discussions
- UPCOMING: Cailen Ascher’s Clarity Confessions
- The 1% Club by Positividy: Mallie Rydzik
- Systems Saved Me: To-Do Lists That Don’t Suck
- Bidsy’s Small Business Podcast: Identifying and embracing the mindset of a CEO with Mallie Rydzik
- Hack The Entrepreneur Podcast: How To Lose Your Perfectionist Mindset
- Marketing Moxie podcast with Maggie Patterson: Mallie Rydzik, Effective In-Person Networking
- Addo Aesthetics: Why Systems Are Important
- Zen Virtual Assistants Finder: Get Organized With A Systems Scientist
- Chelsea Krost Radio Show: Hot Topics Discussion
- Lucky Attitude interview: Mallie Rydzik: From Mental Breakdown And Dreadful Corporate Job To Finally Finding Her Calling
- Powerful Nonsense podcast: Millennial Misunderstandings with Mallie Rydzik
- GirlZone.com: Taking The Off Road
- XO Sarah: Mallie Made The Escape
- Hit The Mic podcast: Breakdown to Business with Mallie Rydzik
- WordPress Ally: Women to Watch 01: Overeducated and Underfulfilled?
- Suzy Brandtastic Radio: Mallie Rydzik, The Off-Road Millennial
- Grace Conyers: Tales of Transition with Mallie Rydzik
- Hannah Becker’s Millennial Spotlight: Meet Mallie Rydzik
- The Project Designer: March Project Party Blog Edition
- Laura Yamin’s NSFW Podcast: Mallie Rydzik from Systems Scientist
- Elephant Journal: How letting go of attachment freed me
- Step Up Magazine: Adopting a CEO mindset in life and work
- Website Superhero: Positioning: your website and the missing piece to your success
- One Woman Shop: Setting Up a Business – 5 Plans + Systems To Have In Place
- Jackie Johnstone: Think Outside The Social Media Systems Box
- FlexJobs: Job Hopping: It’s Not As Bad As You Think
- Chelsea Krost: Impostor Syndrome In Academia and The Workplace
- Chelsea Krost: Technology-Induced Anxiety: Take Back Control From Your Device
- Jackie Johnstone: 4 Tips For Using Twitter To Grow Your List, Get Interviews, and Find Clients
- She Owns It: What Does It Really Take To Be An Expert?
- BrazenCareerist: 4 Insanely Flexible Jobs That Will Help You Escape Corporate America
- Quarterlette: Lessons on Self-Discovery and Healing From a PhD Dropout
- YFS Magazine: The Best Company Blogs Leverage These 5 Tips
- GenYize: Why Self-Care Is Crucial For Entrepreneurs
- Women On Business: Top 3 Reasons No One Is Talking To You On Twitter
- Tiny Buddha: Radically Accept What Is Instead Of Labeling It “Good” Or “Bad”
- GenYize: Impostor Syndrome
- Jackie Johnstone: 4 tips for using Twitter to grow your list, get interviews and find clients
- GenYize: 3 Ways Millennial Solopreneurs Are Staying Productive
- Host and speaker for multiple sessions, Creative CEOs Live, April 28th-29th, 2017, Ashburn, VA
- Crafting A CEO Mindset, Practical Magic Live for Women Leaders, March 2nd, 2017, San Antonio, TX
- Incorporating Disruptive Innovation into your Business Strategy and Operations, IIBA’s Building Business Capability, November 3rd, Las Vegas, NV
- Owning It: Make Your Personal Brand Your Best Asset (In Business and Life!), The Power Conference, August 25th, Bethesda, MD
- The Disruption Economy, Entrepreneurs’ Organization, Virtual 2016
- Working With Mental Illness, Family Services Inc., Gaithersburg, MD 2016
- You’ve Got This Online: You’ve Got This! Online Summit with Infusion Principle 2014
- Career Coaches Special Interest Group: Coaching Millennials: What Generation Y Needs To Hear 2014
- Purdue EAS Graduate Expo, West Lafayette, IN 2012
- 6th European Conference on Severe Storms, Palma de Mallorca, Spain 2011
- Amateur Radio Emergency Service, Lafayette, IN 2011
- 35th Conference on Radar Meteorology, Pittsburgh, PA 2011
- National Weather Service Spotter Training, West Lafayette, IN 2011
- PSU Environmental Chemistry Student Symposium, State College, PA 2009
- OneWomanShop: 100 Best Sites for Solopreneurs 2017
- Fizzle: 25 Indie Entrepreneurs To Watch 2015
- Power Conference: SheEO Spotlight
- Linda Ugelow: 47 Speakers Share Their Expert Advice
- Globe and Mail: Cultivate Joy To Keep Staff Energized
- Insureon: 4 networking tips for marketing consultants
- Tech Insurance: 6 productive things IT business owners can do on a slow day
- Insureon: The business trip checklist for freelancers and small business owners
- Spitfire Scribe: 17 ways to connect with clients on social media
- Shaylee Smith: 10 entrepreneurs reveal their secrets to a booming business
Please contact Mallie’s team at firstname.lastname@example.org for availability and pricing structure.
Mallie’s fee varies depending on audience size, topic, presentation style and length, and travel required.
Consulting available as part of package pricing.